Fluid Engineering Services
- Fluid Engineering is certified to design and manufacture pressure vessels in accordance with ASME Section VIII Div. 1 and will be identified with the ‘U’ designator.
- Fluid Engineering is certified to register our pressure vessels with the National Board and will be identified with the National Board ‘NB’ stamp.
- Fluid Engineering is certified to repair and make alterations to pressure vessels. The repair and alterations are performed in accordance with the requirements of the National Board and will be identified with the National Board ‘R’ stamp.
Non-Destructive Examination (NDE)
- Whether required by ASME Code or requested by our customers, Fluid Engineering can provide vessels that have passed a variety of non-destructive examinations. Hydrostatic testing, dye penetrant testing, magnetic particle testing, ultrasonic testing, and radiographic weld examinations are some of the tests that we can provide. We have the knowledge and experience to provide equipment that is built to meet even the most stringent specifications.
Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Fluid Engineering manufactures equipment out of a variety of stainless steels and other high-alloy materials. We can use our Thermo Scientific Niton XL2 analyzer to verify specific alloys before production. We also examine material traceability reports received with the raw materials.
- Our experienced welders and fabricators can build more than just strainers! If you need a specialty vessel, we can review your design and provide a quote. We can then fabricate your unique pressure vessel and provide ASME Code Certification Mark with ‘U’ Designator when needed. We also have experience fabricating skids to mount our larger strainers, as well as elevated platforms that provide access to the service points on taller vessels.
- Fluid Engineering has a fully staffed engineering department ready to develop and design equipment to meet your filtration needs. Head loss calculations, screen open area information, ASME Section VIII Div. 1 design requirements, CRN design requirements, ANSI codes, ASTM codes, ASME codes, nozzle loadings, seismic calculations – these are just a handful of the services that our engineering department can provide.